Hedgeman Law Firm Launches 2023-2024 Nonprofit Law Academy
ALBANY, N.Y. – Hedgeman Law Firm, a renowned woman-owned comprehensive law serving New
York State and Washington D.C., today announced the launch of the 2023-2024 Nonprofit Law Academy
(NLA) aimed at educating and building legal capacity for tax exempt entities in New York and Washington
D.C. and Virginia.
The last few years have been challenging in more ways than one for tax-exempt entities and Religious
Corporations. Now, more than ever, tax-exempt organizations are being asked to do more with less. For
some, the donor base has dried up and corporate citizens have less capital to invest in nonprofit missions
and are looking to laser focus their efforts for the biggest impact. If your tax-exempt entity is considering
its options for a sustainable future, your leadership staff and board should attend the NLA.
Nonprofit Law Academy sessions are free but require registration. To sign up to receive Nonprofit Law Academy related emails and updates visit
www.hedgemanlaw.com and subscribe.
Nonprofit Law Academy 2023 topics will include: Sustaining Your Nonprofit Organization, Mergers, Consolidations and
Dissolutions (November 10, 2023).
Nonprofit Law Academy topics beginning in January 2024 will include:
- Managing Volunteers and Legal Liability;
- Joint Ventures – Public and Private Partnerships
- New York and Uniform Prudent
- Management of Institutional Funds Acts
- Unrelated Business Income Tax
- Commercial Activities of Tax-Exempt Entities
- Regulation of Fundraising Activity
- Legal and Financial Fiduciary Duties of Board Members
- Disposing of Real Property by Charities and Religious
- Corporations; starting a nonprofit: what you need to know
- Risk Management
- Human Resources Update.